Slip and fall accidents often lead to severe injuries, including lacerations, fractured bones, and head trauma. If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a slip and fall accident caused by the negligent actions of a property owner, reach out to an attorney as soon as possible. At GOLDLAW, we are here to help if you need a Port St. Lucie slip and fall accident attorney by your side. Our team will work diligently to investigate your claim and help you recover compensation for your losses. Do not hesitate to reach out for a free consultation today.
Why Turn to GOLDLAW for Help?
At GOLDLAW, we take pride in the service we offer our clients because we believe in their causes and the need to recover compensation for their losses.
- Will you take a client-focused approach to every case that we work on, which means victims and their family members are always able to communicate with us as their case moves forward.
- We believe in holding at-fault parties accountable for their actions, and we have built a track record of success in recovering compensation through insurance settlements and jury verdicts.
- If you cannot make it to us due to your injuries, we will come to you at your home, the hospital, or a rehabilitation facility.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
According to information available from the National Safety Council, more than 42,000 individuals died during a recent reporting year as a result of falls at home or in the workplace. Not all of these fall incidents were slip and falls, but many were. Slip and fall accidents can occur in any residential area, at a store, on sidewalks, and in other areas. Some of the most common causes of slip and fall incidents include negligent actions (or inaction) on the part of a property owner or property manager.
Some common causes of slip and fall incidents that give rise to personal injury claims include:
- Wet surfaces. If the surfaces of a floor are slippery due to liquid, oil, or food, individuals could sustain a slip and fall. These areas should be cleaned up, or individuals should be notified of the hazard.
- Loose floor coverings. Loose floor coverings can include loose carpeting, rugs, mats, or other types of flooring materials, such as wood paneling, tiles, etc. Anything loose on the floor can become a slip, trip, and fall hazard.
- Poor lighting. If the lighting of an area is so low that individuals cannot properly see in front of them or the floor area, this significantly increases the chance that an individual will slip, trip, and fall.
- Obstacles in pathways. Any obstacles inside pedestrian pathways could present slip or trip risks. This can include boxes or merchandise on the floors of store ways, files on the floor and office buildings, or even trash disregarded and not cleaned up.
- Uneven surfaces. Uneven walking surfaces often occur due to negligent engineering or the ground settling over time. Uneven floor surfaces must be addressed once the hazard becomes known or they could become slip and trip hazards.
- Weather hazards. Various types of weather hazards can lead to slip and fall incidents, particularly heavy rains and flooding. If there are known hazards that arise when weather incidents occur, property owners should take steps to warn guests of the problem.
This is not a complete list of the ways slip and fall incidents can occur, and we encourage any injury victim to reach out to a Port St. Lucie personal injury attorney for a free consultation today.
Compensation Available for a Slip and Fall Claim
There may be various types of compensation available for slip and fall accident victims in Port St. Lucie if their claim is successful. This includes both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages related to a slip and fall accident claim revolve around calculable expenses that the victim and their legal team can show. By gathering receipts and bills, the following economic damages are typically associated with slip and fall incidents:
- Emergency and ongoing medical expenses
- Medications or medical devices
- Assistance with household services (lawn work, housekeeping, childcare)
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
Non-economic damages after a slip and fall incident are not as easily measurable, as they revolve around relatively unseen losses a victim may endure. What is meant by “unseen” is that there will usually not be receipts or bills that can directly establish these types of losses, which include a victim’s physical and emotional pain and suffering as well as a loss of quality of life. There are various methods that a Port St. Lucie premises liability attorney could use to calculate these types of losses on behalf of their client.
How Much Does a Slip and Fall Lawyer Cost in Port St. Lucie?
Paying for an attorney after a slip and fall incident does not have to be impossible. At GOLDLAW, we handle slip and fall injury claims on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients pay absolutely no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to their cases. Our team only collects legal fees if we successfully recover compensation for our clients through a settlement or jury verdict.
In the event we do not win a slip and fall case, our clients will pay absolutely no legal fees.
Call a Slip and Fall Attorney in Port St. Lucie
If you or someone you love has sustained a slip and fall accident injury caused by the negligence of a property owner in Port St. Lucie, we encourage you to reach out to a skilled slip and fall accident lawyer as soon as possible. Our team offers free consultations, and we want to get involved quickly so we can help you recover compensation for your losses.