Every year, thousands of pedestrians are injured or killed in traffic accidents. In many cases, pedestrian accident victims can recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, contact GOLDLAW to schedule a free consultation to explore your legal options.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Speeding. Speeding is one of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents because drivers who are speeding are less likely to see pedestrians in time to stop and more likely to cause severe injuries if they do hit someone.
- Driving under the influence. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is always dangerous, and it’s especially dangerous when pedestrians are involved. If you were hit by a driver under the influence, you might be able to collect damages from that driver or, in some cases, from the bar or restaurant that served them alcohol before the accident.
- Jaywalking. Crossing the street outside of a crosswalk is one of the leading causes of pedestrian accidents. It’s important to remember that even if you were jaywalking when you were hit, the driver might still be at fault if they were not paying attention to the road.
- Poor weather conditions. Poor weather conditions can make it difficult for drivers to see pedestrians and can also make it more difficult for drivers to stop in time to avoid an accident.
Seek Medical Attention After a Pedestrian Accident
If you are involved in any type of pedestrian accident, it is crucial that you seek medical attention as soon as possible – even if you don’t think that you’ve been seriously injured. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can still result in long-term pain and suffering. Getting prompt medical care will also create a record linking your injuries to the accident. This will be important later if you file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver.
Damages in a Pedestrian Accident Claim in Florida
If you’ve been hit by a car while walking, you may be wondering what kind of compensation you can recover. You may be able to recover economic damages, which are intended to reimburse you for your financial losses. These can include medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
You may also be able to recover noneconomic damages, which are damages for your pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. These are more difficult to quantify than economic damages, but an experienced personal injury lawyer will know how to build a strong case for them.
Why You Should Hire GOLDLAW
The experienced pedestrian accident attorneys at GOLDLAW can help you seek the justice you deserve.
- We understand the physical and emotional toll these accidents can take, and we will be there to support you.
- We have a proven track record of success in these types of cases, and we will work tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome.
- Dealing with insurance companies can be stressful and confusing. We will take care of that for you.
If you’re looking for experienced pedestrian accident lawyers who will work hard to get you what you deserve, you’ve come to the right place. Contact GOLDLAW today to schedule your free consultation.