Although he began his career defending large, multi-national corporations and insurance companies, Spencer Kuvin has spent the last 15 years of his highly distinguished legal career representing folks against the giants he once defended, relishing the challenge of standing up for those that seemingly have the odds stacked against them.
A graduate of the St. Thomas University School of Law, he served on the Law Review as an Associate Editor, and a prosecutor on the St. Thomas University Law School Court.
As GOLDLAW’s Litigation Director, Spencer handles many of the most critical personal injury cases for the firm. Highly versed in all aspects of personal injury law, he has been particularly successful orchestrating the litigation process in high-profile cases related to Wrongful Death, Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect, Sexual Assault, and Brain Injury. His passion for helping those who have been injured has proven invaluable to clients and comes from a family legacy. Spencer comes from a long line of dedicated human-rights lawyers, including his widely respected father Lawrence P. Kuvin, an accomplished lawyer in Miami for more than 50 years, and three brothers, two of whom are personal injury attorneys, one in Miami, the other in Jacksonville.
- Spencer teaches extensively, educating other attorneys at continuing legal action seminars.
- He is widely regarded as an expert in sexual assault civil litigation.
- Married to his wife Corrina-Baron-Kuvin
- The Kuvin’s have a blended family. Corrina has two children from a prior marriage, Robert and Victoria. Both are in their 20’s and married.
- Spencer has a son from a previous marriage, who is currently a student at the University of Colorado in Boulder, where he is studying Astronautical Engineering, with the goal of working in the space industry.
- The Kuvin’s also have a 3-year-old Aussie-Doodle named Lilah.
- “I love to cook, travel, sail, scuba dive and read. I am also a musician who plays piano, guitar, and most brass instruments. While at Florida State, I was a member of the Marching Chiefs, playing the French horn. I also worked as a DJ at FSU’s radio station, WVFS 89.7FM from 1988 – 1991.”
- Food – Spencer is a self-described “foodie,” and loves to cook and sample foods from different countries and cultures.
- Movies – “The Usual Suspects,” and “The Godfather” series
- Music – He’s a big fan of ’80’s/’90’s hard rock and metal
ON THE BUCKET LIST…
- “I would love one day to travel to space!”
Leadership, Honors, & Community
Mr. Kuvin boasts an array of distinctive honors such as being Florida Bar Association Board Certified® in Civil Trial by the Florida Bar. This is a certification designation reserved for attorneys of a particular field that meet the highest standards of competence and experience as determined by the Florida Bar and the Florida Supreme Court.
Mr. Kuvin is also recognized by the Martindale Hubbell peer review process with an “AV Preeminent” rating, which is a ranking issued by other lawyers for the highest level of legal professional excellence and ethics. He has also been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 2012.
Other notable honors include serving as President of the Palm Beach County Justice Association in 2011 of which he was a member of the Board of Directors between 2006 – 2012. His leadership extended to the Florida Justice Association where he held a seat in the Board of Directors from 2011 – 2012, while also being the Technology Committee Chair of the Palm Beach County Bar in 2012.
The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every calling, is diligence.