Jeff Kirby is another GOLDLAW attorney whose career took a 180-degree turn.
Upon graduating from the Samford University Cumberland School of Law, he began his career in personal injury defense, working on behalf of insurance companies and self-insured businesses. He made the switch to plaintiff work in 2000, and in his role as a civil trial lawyer with GODLAW has been litigating personal injury cases on behalf of clients and their families who were harmed, injured, or killed by the negligent actions of others.
A highly experienced and respected litigator, possessing a wide skill-set, Jeff has had success litigating cases across the personal injury spectrum. He has secured many outstanding results, especially in cases involving pedestrian crashes, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, negligent security, and defective products.
- When not working, Jeff enjoys boating and salt-water fishing with close friends and his two boys.
- $3.7M Result; Pedestrian vs. Garbage truck case that caused catastrophic injuries and 76 days of pain & suffering followed by death.
- $1.9M Result; For workers injured in a bucket-lift truck malfunction.
- $1M+ Result for each of three passengers who drowned after vehicle they were riding in left the road, flipped, and ended up on its roof in a canal due to reckless driving.
- $600K Result; For injuries resulting in a a criminal attack as a result of inadequate security.
- $500K Result; Injuries resulting from a low speed motor vehicle crash.
Leadership, Honors, & Community
During his entire career, Jeff has worked for only four law firms, holding positions that range from senior associate to shareholder. Mr. Kirby is a member of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, whose mission is to enhance the public’s understanding of the legal system. Mr. Kirby is also a member of the Palm Beach County Justice Association, which has a goal of providing civil trial lawyers with the tools needed to enhance their trial practices.
The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every calling, is diligence.