If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with heavy machinery, it is essential to seek legal help right away. These types of accidents can be very serious, and the injuries sustained often require long-term treatment. At GOLDLAW, we specialize in helping victims get the compensation they need to move on with their lives. We understand what you are going through and will fight for you every step of the way.
What to do if You’re Injured in a Heavy Machinery Accident
Every year, thousands of people are hurt or killed while working with heavy machinery. If you’ve been injured in a heavy machinery accident, there are a few things you should do to protect your legal rights.
- Get medical help right away. If you’ve been seriously hurt, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room. Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s a good idea to see a doctor as soon as possible.
- If it occurred at work, tell your employer about the accident. For a successful workers’ comp claim, you must report your injury to your employer within 30 days, or you won’t be able to collect benefits.
- Collect evidence at the scene of the accident, if possible. Take pictures of the accident scene, get contact information of any witnesses, and write down anything else that you think might be relevant.
- Contact an experienced personal injury and accident lawyer. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and ensure that you get fair compensation for your injuries. Insurance companies often try to downplay the seriousness of an injury or offer a low settlement amount in hopes that the victim will just accept it and move on.
Recovering Compensation for Damages in a Heavy Machinery Accident Case
Whether you’re filing a lawsuit because of someone else’s negligence, a manufacturing defect, or because you were injured at work, you may be able to seek compensation for your damages by filing a personal injury claim. If you have been hurt in a heavy machinery accident, there are a few different types of damages that you may be able to recover.
Economic damages are intended to compensate you for the financial losses you have suffered in the accident. This includes medical bills, lost wages from missed work, and the cost of future medical care. It is important to keep track of all your expenses related to the accident so that you can be sure to recover all the compensation you are owed.
Non-economic damages are designed to compensate you for the more intangible losses you have suffered, such as emotional distress and pain and suffering. These damages can be challenging to put into monetary terms, but they can be significant.
In some cases, punitive damages may also be available. Punitive damages are not intended to compensate an injured person; instead, they are meant to punish the negligent party for particularly reckless behavior. Punitive damages are also awarded as a way to send a message to others to prevent them from participating in similar behavior.
Why You Should Hire GOLDLAW
When you’ve been in an accident, the last thing you want to worry about is finding a qualified lawyer. The personal injury lawyers at GOLDLAW are some of the best in the business, and we’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Here’s why you should hire us:
1. We Have the Experience You Need
The team at GOLDLAW has years of experience helping people just like you get the compensation they deserve. We know how to build a strong case and are not afraid to take on insurance companies or big corporations.
2. We Get Results
Our goal is to get you the best possible outcome for your case, whether that’s through a settlement or a verdict in court. We’re not afraid to fight for what you deserve, and we have a proven track record of getting results for our clients.
3. You Won’t Pay Unless We Win
We believe you shouldn’t have to pay anything unless we win your case, which is why we work on a contingency basis.
If you’ve been in an accident, call GOLDLAW and let us put our experience to work for you. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.