We want to help you with your Legal Malpractice
People seek the help of an attorney for a wide range of reasons, from needing a will drawn up to needing help with a multi-million dollar lawsuit. When clients hire a lawyer, they expect quality legal representation. Unfortunately, sometimes lawyers make mistakes that can lead to serious losses for their clients. In the case of a criminal trial, such errors may even lead to a client spending time in jail. Large financial losses are possible in civil trials—or poorly written business contracts. One of the most commonly sited errors in legal malpractice suits is failure to know or properly apply the law. Causes of legal malpractice may include, but are not limited to:
- Administrative errors are named in nearly 40 percent of legal malpractice suits, and can include missing a filing date or the statute of limitations
- Attorney errors, including lost files, missing documents or evidence, or simple procrastination
- Client relations issues, including failure to obtain consent, improper withdrawal by the attorney, and failure to follow client instructions
- Intentional wrongs committed by attorneys, including fraud, libel, slander, abuse of process, and violation of civil rights
Our team of West Palm Beach legal malpractice lawyers at the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, P.A. understand the serious responsibility we have to our clients. We also know your legal rights, and are determined to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible. We will also work to help you recover from your injuries, including helping you find a new criminal or civil attorney to try to undo the results of your previous attorney’s malfeasance.
Legal Malpractice Case Types
There are many types of incidents that lead to legal malpractice. Lawyers may miss an important filing date, or fail to do other crucial work on your case. They may miss important details or possible legal strategies they never discuss with you. In some cases, they may even misuse your money or charge you for services you never received. These are only some of the ways lawyers can harm their clients.
The Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, P.A. have a team of attorneys dedicated to working out all aspects of a legal malpractice case including physical evidence, legal records, and even eyewitnesses.
There are many possible signs of legal malpractice. These include, but are not limited to:
- Your lawyer stops working on your case
- Your case is thrown out because your lawyer didn’t do any work on it
- Your lawyer settles your case without your authorization (a particularly big red flag)
- You suspect your lawyer misused retainer money
A legal malpractice injury can cost you money, time, your freedom, the custody of your children, and many other important parts of your life. You may have significant financial losses in civil cases. In the case of a criminal trial, you could be convicted of the crime you were charged with and sentenced to years in prison. You may also get a longer sentence than you might have received with a competent attorney.
The West Palm Beach legal malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, P.A. will take the time to investigate the details of your case and work to determine the ideal legal strategy to pursue for the most compensation possible for your injuries.
Legal Malpractice Liability & Damage Recovery
In the unfortunate situation where a lawyer is negligent, clients can be harmed. The lawyer is then liable for their injuries, financial or otherwise. If you or a loved one have suffered a legal malpractice injury, the Law Offices of Craig Goldenfarb, P.A. may be able to help you get the compensation that you are entitled to. Legal malpractice injury compensation may include:
- Legal fees and court costs
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering (for example, pain and suffering for time spent in jail)
- Costs of Losing a Civil Trial (what you had to pay the plaintiff if you lost your case)
Keep in mind that the lawyer’s insurance agency is not your friend. Insurance agents and adjusters work on behalf of the insurance company, and don’t care if you get a fair amount of compensation. It’s extremely important that you never agree to or accept a settlement offer from an insurance company without first consulting an experienced West Palm Beach legal malpractice attorney. For more information, contact GOLDLAW today, or call (561) 222-2222.