Mike has dedicated his career to obtaining justice for ALL categories of victims of negligence. He approaches his cases with tenacity, compassion, and respect. His refreshing ability to relate to all clients in a unique and honest way shows them how willing he is to fight for their rights.
Kugler began his legal career at the Office of the State Attorney in Palm Beach County. A veteran of over 100 jury trials, he prosecuted every type of crime from DUI to Capital Sexual Battery to Death Penalty cases. As a key member of Special Victim’s Unit, Mike prosecuted the most violent predators in the community and gave a voice to child victims of sexual abuse.
In his career in pursing justice for victims of the negligence of others, Mike has taken on such high-profile opponents as Mercedes-Benz, Toyota Motor Corporation, Fiat Chrysler, Michelin, and medical device giant Stryker. He has successfully prosecuted catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases against large hospital corporations including Tent and HCA.
Originally from Los Angeles, California, Kugler came to South Florida on an academic scholarship to the University of Miami, where he earned his undergraduate degree in Business Administration. He worked in the financial industry as a licensed stock broker before making the career change to law. Mike earned his JD at the Nova Southeastern University Law School, where he was a member of multiple mock trial teams, and the Vice President of Nova’s trial organization.
- Chair – Palm Beach County Commission on Ethics
- Co-Chair – Palm Beach County Bar Association – Civil Practice Committee
- Founding Member – Palm Beach County Sexual Assault Response Team
- Family Engagement Committee Member – Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
GETTING TO KNOW MIKE…
- Married with two kids.
- Wife is also a lawyer, protecting abused, abandoned, and neglected children.
- Avid golfer…
- Loves traveling with his family. Disney and the Florida Keys are among their fave destinations.
- Connoisseur of bourbons. Among his favorites:
- Makers Mark 46
- Makers Mark
- Elijah Craig
- Amateur chef who specializes:
- Grew up in LA, still loves visiting Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas.
- Huge fan of the ID Channel!
ON THE BUCKET LIST…
- To take his family on a skiing vacation to Europe!
- Dream itinerary would be the French and Italian Alps, and the Netherlands
The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every calling, is diligence.